Saturday, November 27, 2010

#51 - Earn a score of 100+ in a game of bowling.

This one wasn't as easy as it may sound. No laughing! Everyone has their own struggles.

So...I'm kind of bad at bowling. Not throw-up-the-bumpers bad, but just normal-bad. I think it's because I'm not strong in my arms or my wrists. Which is funny, because I'm supposed to be a good softball player (or whatever), and arms and wrists are just about everything. A coach once lovingly told me: "ChloƩ, you're just one of those wiry people who aren't built for the game, but are so determined, that you end up being good." Or something along those lines. Ha ha, it's so true, though. I'm pretty gangly.

Me and Tommy!
So, to challenge myself, and to give Tommy and I an excuse to go on a date, I decided that I was going to punch wiry-ness in the nose and score 100+ in one game of bowling.

On Thanksgiving evening in Houston, Texas, Tommy and I decided that we were going to settle it once and for all. We went to Main Event, some funky day-glo/fog lamp bowling place, and bought an hour worth of bowling time. First game - we both scored 53. 53!!!!! That's terrible. First we blamed it on the lanes, that they're slanted or something. Then I tried to blame it on the ball being too heavy - but it was only 10 lbs. But then we decided that we just sucked.

I didn't start out so good....ha ha!
Untrammeled (hee hee) by that terrible score, we decided to play again. And this time we found sweet, sweet success. Although, as you can see in the picture, it was a close call for me - it was all down to my last round...I bowled a strike and so I got another shot, and I knocked enough of 'em down that I got a 106. YAY!!!

In the next round, Tommy totally owned me and got well over 100. Aaaand, I discovered that there was an 8 lb ball (the little orange guy) that I could have used before, but I guess that would've been counter-productive. This post is about my triumphs over wiry-ness...and I have finally conquered!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you and your husband are both working your 99 lists together! It's great that this idea is spreading so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete