Friday, October 28, 2011

#23: Go to a Kings hockey game!

I can't believe that we crossed this one off the list while in Texas! Tommy called me at work and said, "I'm going to be reckless here..." He told me that the Kings were playing a visitor's game against the Dallas Stars at 7:30, so we had to go fast. We got down there, realized that we were two of 25 people in the stadium rooting for the Kings, and got excited. There were only 500 people max in the whole arena, which was a little embarrassing for Dallas, but not considering the World Series game was on that night and the Rangers were winning (at the time).

Our view - center ice!

The game was fantastic. The first half started off rocky (ballerina skating), but we got ourself in gear in the second period - true Kings fashion. Quick was on fire, as usual, and Voynov had 2 awesome goals, one including the most fantastic slapshot I've seen with my own eyes. He got game MVP, which made me so happy, since we were away. The nosebleed seats only cost us $15 each, but we ended up moving down a couple rows because no one was there, saving us about $50 total. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment